Thursday, March 27, 2014

Some setback

As you know my craft room re-organization is in progress and my objective last night is the Magnolia stamp.

The super cute EZmounted Tilda stamp usually comes with a small plastic bag and when my collection "grows", this kind of small stamp is taking up too much space. I was thinking a way to consolidating them and perhaps making an index sheet so I can look for them easier. Right now there is no image on the package nor product ID, which make me so difficult to figure out which one to use. Just by looking at the image from the rubber stamp is not easy to find the one I want.

As I have left over acetate sheet from putting the PTI stamp into its CD case few days back, I was thinking to put a few Tilda stamps onto this acetate sheet and then put it in the Avery Elle pocket for storage. Sounds perfect right? So I spent hours on taking away the back sheet of the EZmount on the stamp and "stick" the stamp on the acetate sheet. And the mini-Tilda is not mounted so I have to use the EZmount sheet to mount first. This time the Tim Holtz scissors is really the prefect candidate here. Not only the scissors are sharp enough to cut through the EZmount cushion sheet, but also the non-stick coating is not affected by cutting EZMount sheet at all. Even though the scissors blades are all coated with the sticky stuff from the EZMount, it still cuts great. Other scissors for sure will be all stick together and cutting would be more difficult.

So, I was happy that 38 Magnolia stamps are all into 11 storage bag and I was happily heading to bed last night.

It's hard to see the acetate sheet in between the stamps. I put the stamp on both sides of the acetate sheet. Then put in the storage pocket.

Today I'm looking for buying more acetate sheet to consolidate my small cling or clear stamps. And guess what I notice, the EZ mount stamps are not supposed to store with acetate sheet. The coating may damage the EZmount. Some people from forum reported that the EZMount and the acetate just "melts" together after long time. I of course don't want any potential problem with my stamps. At the end, I am going to get this. So more expense now... :(

The temporary solution is to use the back paper of my EZmount sheet and put in the pocket. And adhere as many stamps as I want. Here is what I come up with:


Knowing that I have to un-do the changes I made last night, it's a bit depressing...oh well...

Does anyone know where can we buy the back sheet of EZmount? That would be nice...

3 comments:

emilia in Taiwan said...

Wow, it must take a lot of time to un-do...
Do you consider to use the binder like Connie used in her post here?
http://www.craftygoodies.com/2013/06/organizing-my-beloved-darkroom-door.html

Petti said...

Thanks for the idea. But folder is just too big for my drawer. Right now I don't have a bookshelf for my stamp/metal die storage.

Anonymous said...

Great idea!!

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my blog and I love to hear your comments! Thanks again.