Monday, March 24, 2014

Online purchase

Honestly I'm not too thrilled in the recent changes in Simon Says Stamp that domestic shipping is no longer "free" with over $75 purchase. I love SSS before as it used to ship fast (within 2 or 3 days after order) and then another 2 or 3 days that my package arrived. However, I guess the business grows with selling more varieties of products(even have its own brand stuff like ink, die, stamp etc.), which is a good thing. But the staff may not be keeping up as it sometimes take 1 or even more than 1 week from the point I order to ship. And the worst part is that shipping is no longer free with $75 purchase and even though it does give out free shipping code from time to time, we (as the customer) cannot combine this free shipping code with other discount code. Then discount is no longer discount because I most likely will pick free shipping instead. I know probably postage goes up but we as customer this change is not a good news anyway. As I'm trying out other vendors I come across Ellen Hutson. Free domestic shipping is $150 (which for me it's hard to get) but since I have to pay shipping at SSS anyway so I decided to try out other vendors). It truly amazed me as my package got shipped the same day I ordered (ordered in the morning and got shipped in the afternoon). And the package actually arrived the next day! I guess it's because we are both located in the West Coast so shipment can arrive the next day. OK, now I think my shipping charge really worth the $ as it literally arriving the next day!

Recently I also tend to order directly from the manufacturer site as they have the new release in stock right away. Shipping is not as much and sometimes it's even less than SSS or EH charges. I still like one stop shopping but sometimes it's just doesn't seem to be the "best" way.

Just a disclaimer that I'm not "sponsored" by any of the sites and I'm just to share my opinion towards online vendors. I will still order from SSS or others from time to time. And perhaps, I really should spend less...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my blog and I love to hear your comments! Thanks again.