Monday, August 11, 2014

All About Organization - Stamp Storage

Clear/Cling stamp

Again, my inspiration comes from Jennifer's video and Fridge Binz is just great. But I'm searching for the counterpart because of the price tag.

At the end, this is what I found (also from local Daiso store):

This bin (they are just $2 each!) is 6x6x8"(height) and just perfect to fit my clear/cling stamp, which are stored in the Avery Elle pocket. I like that there's a flap so to keep my stamp from dust getting in, and at the same time allow easy access. The plastic is sturdy. And price-wise, it's regular $9 for a bag of 25 which can often be found on discount in Joann.com.

I transferred all my Papertrey Ink stamp into the Avery Elle pocket. It can hold one DVD size stamp or two of the smaller $5 set as I put them in horizontally. I also put the corresponding die in the same pocket too.


Besides the Daiso bin, I keep most of the other stamps in the IKEA KASSETT Box with lid. It just fits perfect for my Billy bookcase.

I haven't label them yet but I will soon. It takes a bit of "energy" to assemble them (I bought 8 altogether). But I do like it fits perfect in my bookcase and also stores the Avery Elle pocket well. The only down side is that I can't flip through the collection easily but I may add an extra shelf in between. That way I can just pull out the box and flip through the collection easily.

Wooden Stamp
I found this 3-drawer unit from Sterilite great for wooden stamp.

The drawers are shallow and it can hold 2 layers of wooden stamps. If you put just 1 layer it provides better visibility.

Another choice would be the IKEA Alex drawer.

Also quite shallow and I have seen others using this to store wooden stamp (or ink pad). Since I got the plastic drawer long time ago I do not want to get rid of it and get another one.

In summary...
Fridge binz is still my first choice for storing cling/clear stamp but I just can't justify the total cost of the bin (I need 7 in total) be greater than my 3 new bookshelves. Now with the bin and boxes that I found, the total cost is about $40 (which I found more reasonable). I know there may not be a Daiso or IKEA around you, but try to shop in the local dollar store, you may have some surprises! Do remember to bring a measuring tape and keep track of the dimension. That's all I have for stamp storage for now, hope you find it helpful. Until next time. :)

2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Very neat and nice Petti!!

cards by cara said...

Love Daiso and Yokoyaya!! I bought those same Daiso bins for my dies - I keep them in clear Memorex cd cases made of sturdy plastic. They are awesome!

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my blog and I love to hear your comments! Thanks again.