Sunday, September 14, 2014

Watercolor background

I was planning to participate in the CASE study anniversary week4 challenge but oh well, life has taken its tolls and I was unable to get close to the craft table the past week.

Now that long weekend is over, my girl is back to school, I finally have some time to play with my goodies.

I'm referring to this water colour I bought some time ago.

You can get this here.

I painted the background using the watercolour. It just seems harder than I thought. I guess the main reason is that I am using a 90lb watercolour paper instead of 140lb that others used.

I didn't try out all colour but I have to mention that I love the silver! It does sparkle in real!



This card is for two sisters whose birthday are in the same month. I get the sketch idea from Fusion Card Challenge so I will submit as well. In the beginning I think about using the silver star sequin as the banner but it just doesn't seem to fit well. In the end I just scattered them around. It's not too close to the sketch but I tried!

Materials:
Stamps: Heroarts SC CUTE UPPERCASE LETTERS 2X3 CL408, PTI Star Gazer Additions/Birthday Classics September, Mama Elephant Comic Stars
Others: PTI Tag Sale #3 die, Lawn Fawn Puffy Star Stackables die, Pretty Pink Posh Large Silver Star Sequins, Memento ink

I am joining Fusion Card Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Create your own background".

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Pretty! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

jenn shurkus said...

so pretty :) perfect take on the sketch too!! Thanks for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

~amy~ said...

Oh my CUTE!
Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love your watercolor!!! Thanks for joining us at FUSION!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my blog and I love to hear your comments! Thanks again.