
Ever since I bought my first copic marker, I was hoping that I can draw like those Japanese manga style anime. They are just so cute. And gradually, my copic marker collection grew bigger.
Yet, they seem too difficult to use: I don't have the proper image to try on, I don't have the proper paper, and the colour seems never blends in. And my copic markers are just sitting in the corner of my room collecting dust.
Luckily, the new HA stamp collection includes this little cute girl stamp, perfect for me to practice using my copic markers. I have gone through a few online blog and video tutorial. Although I was never able to get the same set of maker, I still decided to give it a try. So, the top left figure is my first trial. And I'm perfectly happy with how her hair turns out. Perhaps I am just too happy, I didn't pay enough attention to the face colouring. No matter how I did, her face is still patchy and uneven. After watching a few more online tutorial about face colouring, I finally figure out that I should have E000 (which I don't have and not able to find within my area). I just have to use lighter colour on the next one. So the "face" of the other figures turn out a bit better.
However, since I put too much effort on the hair, I got too exhausted to do colour matching for her dresses. I knew they will look better with lake-blue colour dresses, but I'm too lazy to find out the right colour combo. Finally, the last attempt for black/gray hair failed. I don't have the right marker set for blending so that's how bad it turns out.
Note, the maker number I wrote down is the one I used for the hair only. And I use memento black ink, as recommended by other copic users. Since this is only my first trial, I'm using regular card stock (which bleeding occurs). Next time I'll try with proper card stock (specifically for marker) and hopefully no more bleeding.
1 comments:
Thanks for visiting my blog! I think you are doing really well with your Copics here. As for paper - that's a huge issue. If you'd like some tips you can email me at eulandac@yahoo.com including my fav color combo's. I learned all the hard way and was wishing someone would have tipped me off on a few things. Also, thanks for telling me you like that I write down my Copic colors. I had been doing it for awhile but no one seem to have noticed so I quit cuz I felt like I was wasting my time. I'll start doing it again. Have a great day!
Post a Comment
Thank you very much for visiting my blog and I love to hear your comments! Thanks again.