When I first start card making, I made cards for myself and the recipients are my family and friends. And I couldn't think of making card for occasions like "sympathy", or "sorry". It's just not "my thing". But then later on I started selling cards in the craft fair so I think I "should" have more varieties. And I do have some stamps that fit the "sympathy" category. But "sorry"? It's still not in my shopping list.
But sometimes, you just never know. I have a "sorry" card to share this time.
Here's the story. My daughter started preschool last month and unfortunately she's not done toilet training yet. I always hope that just in 2 hours there shouldn't be any "big accident". Then one day when I picked her up in school, the teacher is helping her out to clean up. My girl actually pooped in the diaper but the teacher misunderstood she wanted to go to washroom (as English is her second language). So once the diaper is down...there's a BIG MESS...And the teacher is very patiently helping her out to change (her whole uniform) and clean up. I literally feel so bad about this. I wasn't putting enough effort regarding toilet training (I'm not fond of the "big mess" in house that would occur during toilet training). As working parents I was exhausted after getting off work and to keep up with the chores. So toilet training is always at the bottom of my to-do list.
Anyway, I decided to give the teacher a small token of appreciation for doing this "big job" and bought her a Starbucks gift card. A gift card should be accompanied with a card right? So here it comes the "sorry" card.
After all, I don't want to make it too "formal" so I put down "Oops" in front.
And a matching envelope:
Materials:
Stamps: Pure Innocent (from MFT) An apple for you (seems like a retired set), Heroarts Typewriter Letters, Memory Box (on the envelope) .
Others: Rangers Pumice Stone distress ink, Rangers distress marker (to colour the Pure Innocent figure), washi tape, paper flower, button, twine, water colour paper
Now move on to another thing, Paper Smooches is having the February Bloghop to showcase the new release. It's filled with fun and prizes.
Details here.
I wish I can share with you a card from Paper Smooches but my first order is just on the way!
Thank you for reading to the end, I know it's a longer than usual post!
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing your story Petti! I think your card is perfect! We all want to do just the happy cards, but unfortunately sometime we have to so some not so happy cards too!
what a sweet card Petti :) I love the inked BG
The card is beautiful and I am sure the teacher will appreciate it!
Anni
This is so sweet! We all know how potty training is! My youngest is in the middle of it as well... we have the whole going #1 thing down, but when it comes to #2 she absolutely refuses... i have no clue what to do because she could even care less about all of the treats I've tried using as bribery hehehehe! Fingers crossed for both of us!
Post a Comment
Thank you very much for visiting my blog and I love to hear your comments! Thanks again.