Saturday, November 26, 2011

Craft Fair here I come

I know it's been ages since my last entry. But I didn't stop making cards since then. I did make, quite a few. Just I'd rather use my time to make more cards than updating my blog (which is bad, I know). But hey, I got an "excuse". I am rushing for my annual craft fair. Instead of selling only "left over" from last year, I did want to make a few more.

Coping with an infant's schedule and card making aren't easy. And I tried my best. Over the last two months, I have make a few. And I tend to rush more in the last minute (an habit since my school time, oh well). Well, another "excuse" is that I got a few more stamps from another craft fair I went just the week before "the big day". And because I want to try out those new stamps and the new technique, I was spending more time the week before.

The craft fair @ Nikkei Place this year is so much more successful, compare to last year's. Last year I had my booth on Sunday, which was deadly quiet compare to Saturday's. Now that we book Saturday this year, it's much better (even though my table is in a less favourable location). Later we knew that it's the first time the craft fair was held on Sunday last year, things could be better this time, although I didn't have a chance to find out.

I specially love the lollipop (inspiration from the magazine) I made and they are such a delight with kids. They came and paid with their own $ for it. Seeing their happy face I'm just so glad and proud. I immediately get rid of my sleepy head and my cold/flu (I was on doses of tylenol that day). And it even went over my expectation, I sold over half of my stock! OK, since last year, I actually think that my cards are "bad" because it doesn't sell much. (just one if I don't count my friends' support). And some of my friends even pass my cards...I guess I just put too much expectation on selling around 3 to 5 cards but is that too much? So this year, I didn't have any expectation at all (ok, at least one, so it would be better than last year). But I was actually selling about 20 of them. Woo hoo! I guess the traffic of the show does help. And trying out more cute design also helps.

Sorry I didn't have much good pic of the show, was too busy to take pictures!
Craft Fair 2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my blog and I love to hear your comments! Thanks again.