Saturday, March 12, 2011

Layered stamped background

This is my first attempt to try out Shari's technique on layered stamped background.
You can watch the video tutorial and see her gorgeous card here. I always thought it's not easy to create a collage image card. The whole process and design just look complicated to me I thought I'm no way to create anything close in 100 trials. But surprisingly, I got a rather satisfied result in 2 times (The first time I choose a wrong image that does not take the water colour effect well).

Anyway, this is my take.



Material:
Rubber Stamp: Rubber Stampede-Friend (the white embossed sentiment), HA S5100 Woodgrain Pattern, Great Impressions H184 (the main floral image)

Ink: Rangers distress ink-Antique Linen (background), Memento dye ink-Desert Sand (on woodgrain pattern), Rangers distress ink-Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, Broken China (on the main floral image)

Others: Rangers stickles (Golden rod), button, twine, ribbon, MS border punch, kraft paper, watercolour paper


This is not as gorgeous as the original card, but I learnt a new technique!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my blog and I love to hear your comments! Thanks again.